Francoise & Herve visit - the beginning and the end
Besides Jaipur, Francoise et Herve spent a few days in Delhi with us, and also went to Agra where they met up with Vincent and Laura.
1. Delhi.
For their very first morning, and first time ever, in Delhi, I took them to Nizzamudin basti and the dargah (mausoleum). This really is an interesting place, but in retrospect maybe not the easiest place to get used to India.
The baoli.
They then went to visit Humayun's tomb, a truly beautiful and easy-to-visit place.
At the park (it was still cold in mid-February in Delhi, a far cry from the summer heat we're experiencing now at 42°C).
The jain temple behind the house.
2. They left on the next day to Agra/ Fatehpur Sikri/ and on to Jaipur.
A few typical road scenes on the way.
Taj Mahal.
At the Red fort.
The Taj Mahal in the distance.
Fatehpur Sikri.
Vincent and Laura then traveled back to Delhi, for one last night with us before their flight back home. I was actually lucky to also be at home that night, just back from Lucknow for work. And the next morning we all left in the early morning- Vincent and Laura back to France and us to Jaipur. The scheduling for the different visits had been quite tricky, but it worked out well.
Francoise and Herve went on to Jaipur. On the way, they stopped at the beautiful Abhaneri step well. I regret not having had a chance to visit it.
More road scenes.
3. After Jaipur, Francoise and Herve came back with us and stayed for a few days in Delhi.
Qutub Minar.
Emeline and Thomas arrived that very same morning to Delhi. It's been fun to have some overlap between our guests.
Nanhi's fruit salad.
Sisters.
They all went to visit the large sikh temple, Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, in the afternoon.
The kitchen is really a place to be seen.
And on to Lodhi garden.
Dinner at home.
The next day, I had advised them to visit the Sanskriti foundation, a beautiful private foundation for the arts - mostly for terracota and textiles.
They then went to Hauz Khas, for a good south indian lunch at Nevedyam.
We met up again in the afternoon, and did some fun fabric shopping in Nehru place before having dinner at Oh Calcutta restaurant. I generally quickly feel overwhelmed by the quantity of fabric available in Nehru place, but we found some really nice things there!
On wednesday morning, Emeline and Thomas left for Agra and we went to Old Delhi with Francoise et Herve. Now that I am getting to know Old Delhi better, I am also getting to liking it more..
Jama Masjid.
After lunch at Karim's, I went back home and left them to discover the spice market on their own. Quite an experience, as I saw for myself a week later with Emeline and Thomas!
Nice flowers in our garden and in the park.
Music time at home.
1. Delhi.
For their very first morning, and first time ever, in Delhi, I took them to Nizzamudin basti and the dargah (mausoleum). This really is an interesting place, but in retrospect maybe not the easiest place to get used to India.
The baoli.
They then went to visit Humayun's tomb, a truly beautiful and easy-to-visit place.
At the park (it was still cold in mid-February in Delhi, a far cry from the summer heat we're experiencing now at 42°C).
The jain temple behind the house.
2. They left on the next day to Agra/ Fatehpur Sikri/ and on to Jaipur.
A few typical road scenes on the way.
Taj Mahal.
At the Red fort.
The Taj Mahal in the distance.
Fatehpur Sikri.
Vincent and Laura then traveled back to Delhi, for one last night with us before their flight back home. I was actually lucky to also be at home that night, just back from Lucknow for work. And the next morning we all left in the early morning- Vincent and Laura back to France and us to Jaipur. The scheduling for the different visits had been quite tricky, but it worked out well.
Francoise and Herve went on to Jaipur. On the way, they stopped at the beautiful Abhaneri step well. I regret not having had a chance to visit it.
More road scenes.
3. After Jaipur, Francoise and Herve came back with us and stayed for a few days in Delhi.
Qutub Minar.
Emeline and Thomas arrived that very same morning to Delhi. It's been fun to have some overlap between our guests.
Nanhi's fruit salad.
Sisters.
They all went to visit the large sikh temple, Gurdwara Bangla Sahib, in the afternoon.
The kitchen is really a place to be seen.
And on to Lodhi garden.
Dinner at home.
The next day, I had advised them to visit the Sanskriti foundation, a beautiful private foundation for the arts - mostly for terracota and textiles.
They then went to Hauz Khas, for a good south indian lunch at Nevedyam.
We met up again in the afternoon, and did some fun fabric shopping in Nehru place before having dinner at Oh Calcutta restaurant. I generally quickly feel overwhelmed by the quantity of fabric available in Nehru place, but we found some really nice things there!
On wednesday morning, Emeline and Thomas left for Agra and we went to Old Delhi with Francoise et Herve. Now that I am getting to know Old Delhi better, I am also getting to liking it more..
Jama Masjid.
After lunch at Karim's, I went back home and left them to discover the spice market on their own. Quite an experience, as I saw for myself a week later with Emeline and Thomas!
Nice flowers in our garden and in the park.
Music time at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment