Saturday, November 26, 2011

De l'air, de l'air

Here is an piece of news that people told me I should not read: New Delhi's air, still worse than Beijing's.

And we thought Beijing was the most polluted city in the world !
The article is only talking about this past week's pollution levels, but still it appears the two cities are generally on par to be the worst place for air pollution.

It is said that winter time is the worst (of the worst) for pollution in Delhi, with no rains, limited air movements, general meteorological conditions and lots of emissions as people try to heat up.

Actually, for a couple of days I have been feeling an irritation in the throat and Ruben has started coughing at night time. Which I tend to attribute to air pollution.

'Luckily', the buses and auto-rickshaws in Delhi have been running on natural gas (CNG) since 2001, so it could have been even worse.

...

Our next step : looking for an air purifier for Ruben's room.

No comments: