Animals and climbers
La communaute des grimpeurs de DC echange en ce moment des mails tres serieux sur le 'trail cleaning day' a Franklin, les week ends 'adopt a crag' a Great Falls et Carderock, pour le renforcement des sentiers et prevention de l'erosion, mais voila qui detend un peu l'atmosphere... quelques rencontres imprevues avec des serpents (pas bon) et autres animaux sur une voie. (le forum de l'escalade a DC)
Pigeon on a route - so I am 10 ft above the anchor on west pole just under the roof, no gear yet.. out pops a pigeon inside my straddling body and it can't get out.. flapping squaking and very disturbing. Can't let go as I'll whack the anchor with a factor two ..bad idea.. finally pigeon escapes ; glad it wasn't a hawk...
Frog on a route - climbing at the gunks, in the crux of a route I reach up for a jug... it detaches from the wall ... it's slimey... 'FROG'... sorry kermit I may have killed your cousin...
I met a small snake (~ 1 foot) in CandyCorner, I didn't bother it at all but I decided to stick my hand in the *other* crack. Luckily, 5.5 = plenty of options.
Moi, personnellement, je n'ai jamais rencontre que des lezards qui me demontraient a quel point mes efforts pouvaient etre futiles... facile, pour eux
No comments:
Post a Comment